Sunday, September 18, 2016

Everett Raymond Kinstler



Wow!  How can I tell you what a treat it was to listen to and learn from Everett Raymond Kinstler?!

He came to the Booth Museum in Cartersville, Georgia this week along with his exhibit, Journeys West and Beyond, which will run until October 2 .  If you haven't discovered this lovely museum, it is truly a jewel and well worth a trip to visit. 

Mr. Kinstler was quite charming.  When I was checking into my hotel, he came in with his wife Peggy.  I recognized him and introduced myself.  I told him I was honored to meet him and looking forward to his presentation.  He invited me to sit and chat for a few minutes in the lobby while they checked him in!  He asked about my art journey.  Needless to say, I was delighted by his humility and interest.   

While masterfully demonstrating his craft in his demo pictured above, he shared entertaining stories about his life and famous clients, from Presidents to movie stars.  

Below is one of my favorites of his portraits.  It is not in this exhibit, but a great example of his ability to depict character and feeling. Did I mention that Paul Newman was gorgeous?!



No comments:

Post a Comment