Friday, March 24, 2017

George



George is a laughing gull who resides on St. George's Island waiting for his prey.  I was lucky to hang out with him when I attended the Forgotten Coast Plein Air Event in Apalachicola, Florida.  I rented a house on this beautiful beach with art friends for our week long visit.  We were fortunate to meet and learn from an amazing lineup of artists, not to mention enjoying our down time on the beach with George!



I am excited to share with you that I have been invited to participate in Let There Be Art, a fundraiser for the Columbus Museum!  The show will open with a gala event on Thursday April 6.  Visit www.columbusmuseum.com for more information.  The show April 7-13 is free and open to the public.

Each participating artist will be creating and donating a unique 10 x 10 painting for the Art for Education Gallery.  These pieces will be displayed in a special exhibit and are for sale at $300 each. The artists have been asked to sign on the back only, so buyers will not know the identity of the artist until after their purchase. George will be my entry for this event.  In addition to this piece, I will have seven other paintings in the show.  I will be posting a few, but I hope you will come to the show to see the beautiful collection from artists across the southeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment